OUR THIRD DREAM CONFERENCE A GREAT SUCCESS
by Margaret Bowater
“Dreams of Inspiration, Guidance and Creativity,” was the theme of NZ’s 3rd Dream Conference, held on October 4-6, 2019, in the beautiful grounds of the Franciscan Retreat Centre in Auckland. It drew some 40 keen participants, including 2 from Australia.
- In the keynote address, Clare Caldwell, a visionary artist, presented a series of inspired paintings illustrating her deep concern for the future of the Earth and the human race, now under threat of extinction by heedless corporate exploitation. It was both shocking and inspiring, urging us to become more politically active.
- Margaret Bowater gave a presentation on 20 famous “Dreamers who have Changed History – and Shaped the Way we Think,” showing how dreams and visions have inspired leaders from Abraham to Barack Obama, to take action for a better world. Marg Toland gave an illustrated account of her own dreams of transformation through a time of crisis in her life; David Legg told his experience of Healing Dreams; a panel of Wellington members shared personal examples of how their “Dreams have Changed Their Lives.”
- There were workshops in practical dreamskills led by Tay-Marie Yorston, Marian Hammond and Margaret Thorne.
- Jeni McGarry led a visual meditation, as well as presenting an introduction to Psychospiritual Dreaming, based on her attendance at the International Dream Conference in Rolduc Abbey, in the Netherlands.
- the Auckland Playback Theatre group gave us another hilarious performance of dreams told by audience members;
- and the concluding Forum presented many ideas for future gatherings, voting unanimously for a longer conference in two years’ time! – which is now booked for 7-10th October 2021.